Monday, September 20, 2010

Wing It

There are times when it's best to know what you're doing before you do it. To think it through...To do research...To consult the experts...To sleep on it.

Then there are times when it's best to just wing it.

Patty Soffer is one of the most brilliant people I know. When I came up with the idea of Badass Busines Women in February 2010, she asked, "Why are you in such a hurry? Slow down. Get the message right. Develop the long term strategy." 95% of the time I take Patty's advice, but in this case I didn't.

Why? Because I wanted to show you that winging it can work. That you can have a brilliant idea, throw it out there, and learn as you go. That it's OK to be naive and uncertain and clueless...as long as you're willing to stick your neck out for what you believe in.

Are you willing to "Wing It" this week?

4 comments:

  1. I am never too "chicken" to "wing it". I live my life jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I've always got something cooking. Whether it works or not doesn't matter. If I'm satiated with the journey, that's enough for me.

    Ellen, Publisher DUO Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree. I started my business a few months ago and dont really "know" what I am doing. What I do know, is what I am committed to AND, I do know that I will be highly successful. What I don't know is the 'how', so I started out winging it and I will continue to do so, until it stops working for me and my business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! There are times in which winging it is the only way. It not only gives you the confidence and lets you know where you are - but it builds quick thinking skills that will and can work everytime in all aspects of your life. So Go for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sireee Bob, I Had To!! I was just offered a position in an area of Expertise that I'm not an Expert in... LoL (but if pretty damn good counts then so be it) Sooo I'm Winging It!! ;)

    Tinker, Tailor, Sailor... that's me!
    But have I have learnt from the best, so there. (jjeeejeejjeee Giddy with the thought of a New Adventure)

    I love my Badass Masterminds, you're in sync with us Chief... Thanks!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete